[UWP][C#]HTML Editor in Windows 10 UWP? RRS feed

• Question

• I want a HTML Editor in to read HTML, allow formatting options and give output as HTML. I found some APIs in iOS and Android but not for Windows. Is it possible in Windows or not?

Android

Android HTML Editor

iOS

iOS HTML Editor

in Windows, we have RichEditBox but the issue is that it supports only RTF format, not HTML.

Kinjan Bhavsar Software Engineer iTouchVision

Friday, May 27, 2016 6:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Kinjan Bhavsar,

>>” in Windows, we have RichEditBox but the issue is that it supports only RTF format, not HTML.”

Yes. If you want to edit HTML file, you could use RichEditBox, but you would need to code yourself. And if you want to show HTML, you could use WebView.

I know open source project, it would be that you want. You could use your favorite search tool to search with the key word “windows 10 UWP HTML editor github”. You could refer to its code for details.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 30, 2016 3:19 AM

All replies

• You can use pretty much any editor written in C#, just take in the source code and recompile it for UWP.
    Friday, May 27, 2016 7:05 AM
  • I tried and found many editor but the source code used doesn't support in Windows 10 UWP. Please suggest some useful answer 

Friday, May 27, 2016 12:01 PM
  • This forum is not the place for you to get ready to use answers. 
    Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:33 PM
  • If you have an html5 app you can use any javascript html editor.  Component one control set has a html editor you can use with xaml apps

http://www.componentone.com/Studio/Input-Editing

Saturday, May 28, 2016 5:53 PM
  • I tried and found many editor but the source code used doesn't support in Windows 10 UWP. Please suggest some useful answer 

learn programming.
    Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:46 AM
  • Hi Kinjan Bhavsar,

>>” in Windows, we have RichEditBox but the issue is that it supports only RTF format, not HTML.”

Yes. If you want to edit HTML file, you could use RichEditBox, but you would need to code yourself. And if you want to show HTML, you could use WebView.

I know open source project, it would be that you want. You could use your favorite search tool to search with the key word “windows 10 UWP HTML editor github”. You could refer to its code for details.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 30, 2016 3:19 AM
  • @Xavier, This is what I got when I searched using the text that you suggested

Jimmy422 Anchor

But in this, the user needs to manually add html tags.

• Edited by Kinjan Bhavsar Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:32 PM Added proper link
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:31 PM
  • That's a bit harsh. A WYSIWYG HTML editor is hardly a trivial project.

Pete

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:58 AM
  • Kinjan Bhavsar did not ask for "ready to use answers", the question asked about the API that can be used to develop a solution. Then mcosmin said that anything can work and of course that is too much of a generalization so Kinjan Bhavsar said that they are incompatible with Windows 10 UWP. If you don't know what API to use then just say nothing.

I have written a very simple HTML editor. I know that HTML is quirky. I also know that the UWP way of programming is often quite different from older APIs. Kinjan Bhavsar was asking where to look to know what can be used.

People use Windows because it has better support than other choices such as Linux. The support here however is no better than a similar question about Linux and Kinjan Bhavsar might have been driven back to Linux.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, March 5, 2017 3:01 AM