none
Hack Wifi Networks RRS feed

• Question

• I am so interest about computer security and hacking stuff. Recently I created the WiFi scanner using WLAN API and the programming language I used ( C# ). To complete my tool the following techniques / features are not available.

1. Find hidden SSID networks and get their names
    2. Find signal (longitude and latitude)
    3. Find the IP Address
    4. Find the password

Experts, Can you share your knowledge to complete my tool.

Thanks

Gehan Fernando Snr. Engineer Technology. AKLO Information Technologies (Pvt) Ltd. #58, 42nd Lane, 5th Floor, Wellawatta, Colombo 06, Sri Lanka. Phone: +94 117 520000 | Mobile: +94 772 269625

Saturday, February 7, 2015 10:18 AM

Answers

• In short, no.

That kind of information is something that we'll only share with someone we know and sure it won't be use to do malicious things.

People need to be responsible when possess that kind of knowledge.

Btw, I can tell you 1 is possible. 2 is easy once you know the SSID. 3 is impossible unless you've logged in the network. 4 has a lot of ways, some are general and some are specific to particular authentication method. However getting the password alone won't help you if the wireless router owner set to lock access of the wireless router to certain MAC address. (One more reason to set it even if it takes a few more steps to allow new device to login to network)
    Monday, February 9, 2015 1:20 AM
    Answerer