LINQ to XSD signed assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm using the linq to xsd library in one of my projects. It's a SharePoint project and all the assemblies need to be strong named. I'm referencing the linq to xsd assembly. The problem is that this assembly is not signed. Is it possible to have a signed version of this assembly or is there a way of signing this assembly myself?

thanks,

Lieven

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:08 AM

Answers

• Hi LievenI,

As far as I know, you cannot sign a .Net assembly with strong name without modifying the source code. If you can get a strong named version LINQ to XSD version, please just get it, otherwise, I think you can try to report a bug via the following connection.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio?wa=wsignin1.0

Regards,

Xun

Friday, May 2, 2008 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi LievenI,

As far as I know, you cannot sign a .Net assembly with strong name without modifying the source code. If you can get a strong named version LINQ to XSD version, please just get it, otherwise, I think you can try to report a bug via the following connection.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio?wa=wsignin1.0

Regards,

Xun

Friday, May 2, 2008 6:06 AM
  • Hey Xun,

Thanks for your answer. I found a way to sign an unsigned compiled assembly. With ildasm you can decompile an assembly in IL source file. After that you can with ilasm compile the assembly again with your key pair file. So now I have I signed version of the linq to xsd assembly, signed with my own keypair. I will report this on the connect site, so hopefully in the next release they have a signed version of the assembly.

grt,

Lieven

Sunday, May 4, 2008 12:17 PM
  • Hi Lieven I,

That sounds great, you can decompile the assembly to sign the assembly.

Thanks for your information!

Regards,
    Xun
    Sunday, May 4, 2008 1:28 PM