none
Error authenticating proxy after upgradin from SQL Server 2014 enterprise to SQL Server 2016 enterprise

Question

• Hello, 

As the title, I just upgrade from SQL 2014 to 2016. 

After upgrade, I re-configure and enable Agent part.  but when I try to run it from packages that use SSIS or CMDexe I got the followind error: 

Unable to start execution of step 2 (reason: Error authenticating proxy ServeName\myUser, system error: The user name or password is incorrect.).  The step failed.

Yes, there is a proxy account with my Windows username (Admin User) and SQL is set on both authentication method with this user as Sysadmin. 

After several attemts I delete all  credentials, then re-create a new credential with new name

CREDENTIAL [SSIS] WITH IDENTITY = N'ServeName\myUser', SECRET = N'Password'

and then assing to the proxy all options, and assign to each SSIS step and CMD step this proxy account, but I am getting the same error. 

Username and password are fine. double and tripple check.  Please let me know. 

Gilberto H.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:07 PM

Answers

• Thank you. I found Agent Credentials are not OK. change them and restart agent. everything seems to work fine. 

Gilberto H.

• Marked as answer by Gilberto H_ Thursday, March 2, 2017 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:51 PM

All replies

• Thank you. I found Agent Credentials are not OK. change them and restart agent. everything seems to work fine. 

Gilberto H.

• Marked as answer by Gilberto H_ Thursday, March 2, 2017 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:51 PM
  • Hi Gilberto H_,

It's very pleasant that you have found the cause of this problem, could you please mark your own reply as Answered?

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:58 AM