Print in KioskMode with brokered component?

Answers

• Yes. Brokered Windows Runtime Components didn't exist when that thread was posted. With the Windows 8.1 Update a side loaded app can now print directly with a brokered component.
    • Marked as answer by SW_Andy Monday, September 08, 2014 10:24 AM
    Thursday, September 04, 2014 3:12 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Yes. Brokered Windows Runtime Components didn't exist when that thread was posted. With the Windows 8.1 Update a side loaded app can now print directly with a brokered component.
    • Marked as answer by SW_Andy Monday, September 08, 2014 10:24 AM
    Thursday, September 04, 2014 3:12 PM
    Owner
  • Hello Rob. Ok so.. a sideloaded app running in Kiosk mode still can print through brokered component? Just wanted to make things absolutley clear if this is still true if running in kioskmode.
    • Edited by SW_Andy Friday, September 05, 2014 7:12 AM
    Friday, September 05, 2014 7:11 AM
  • It should. I believe that was one of the targeted scenarios.
    Friday, September 05, 2014 3:16 PM
    Owner
  • Ok, I set up the brokered component and I can open a command Windows for testing - so basically it's working. But... what API / Namespaces are available in the ClassicClassLibrary for printing? I couldn't find any... System.Printing, System.Windows.Controls etc. are unavailable from the classLibrary.

I could start a shellprocess and trigger  a print command trough it which would open the system's associated Programm to print the file (Image in that case) but I strongly hope that thats not the way it meant to be. Also even if I specify "CreateNoWindow = true;" and "WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;" it would Show the print Dialog.

Sureley there must be a way to print through a printing API?<

EDIT: My bad... I completley forgot to add a reference to the System.Drawing Assembly ;) So now using "PrintDocument" from "System.Drawing.Printing" is working fine when calling through brokered component!
    • Edited by SW_Andy Monday, September 08, 2014 10:24 AM
    Monday, September 08, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Hi, I am trying to do the same, but it isn't possible. When I dedug the application windows store connect with brokered component shows the following error:

Información adicional: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:20 PM
  • I have the same error....
    Monday, May 04, 2015 3:09 PM