none
Applying safe Shutdown function in WINCE

Question

• Hi All,
    I am messing with a problem. My prob is I want to generate a function by which I can safely shut down my WINCE.
    I am using EVC++4.0 with WINCE.
    I used SetSystemPowerState(NULL, POWER_STATE_OFF, FALSE);
    but it is keeping my system in StandBy mode..
    Can ny plz tell me how to shut down the system..
    Thx in Advance.

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Girish,

As far as I know, SetSystemPowerState API can only make device suspend. ExitWindowsEx works in Pocket PC and SmartPhone. WinCE doesn't include it.   WinCE Operating System doesn't support to shutdown method or API, this is OEM behavior.  You can consult it  with OEM.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Friday, August 01, 2008 5:43 AM

All replies

• Just check out with SetSystemPowerState(NULL, POWER_STATE_OFF, POWER_FORCE) and don't forget to check  return  value of SetSystemPowerState() .

Thanx
    Monday, July 28, 2008 5:27 AM
  • Thx 4 ur reply but with this option instead of shutting it down it is performing stand by.
    i want to perform proper shut down..
    Monday, July 28, 2008 8:37 AM
  • SetSystemPowerState(NULL, POWER_STATE_OFF, POWER_FORCE)

This function only suspend the WinCE Operating system instaed of shutdown &

this function work same as SetSystemPowerState(NULL, POWER_STATE_SUSPEND, POWER_FORCE) function.

(Both function suspend the wince system.)

Thursday, July 31, 2008 5:07 AM
  • Hi Girish,

As far as I know, SetSystemPowerState API can only make device suspend. ExitWindowsEx works in Pocket PC and SmartPhone. WinCE doesn't include it.   WinCE Operating System doesn't support to shutdown method or API, this is OEM behavior.  You can consult it  with OEM.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Friday, August 01, 2008 5:43 AM
  • Hi Ming Bian,
                            I am also trying to implement complete shutdown feature for our Symbol Terminals. I have all the source code. Could you please let me know what needs to be down in OEM source to have this feature?
    Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Csbabu
    Monday, March 16, 2009 2:37 PM