wl.applications_create bug report RRS feed

• Question

• A minimal application creation request, such as:

POST /me/applications?access_token=[omitted]
    Content-Type: application/json

{"name":"TestApp","uri":""}

This always gives me:

request_body_invalid: The provided request entity body is missing a required parameter 'name'. Required parameters are the following: 'name', 'uri'.

The token has both wl.application and wl.application_create scopes.  The name parameter is obviously there.  I've tried both null and an empty string for the uri parameter.

(This ought to be my last issue for the week.   Sorry to be such a squeaky wheel.)-

----

On further, it appears only the error message is 'wrong'.   It won't take an empty or null uri parameter.   Providing a URI allows this to work, but for a desktop auth flow where there is no URI that isn't very useful.   I tried using "https://oauth.live.com/desktop", but that failed with a HTTP 500.

Saturday, October 1, 2011 12:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Blake,

For string fields in POST requests, an empty or null value are equivalent to the value not being present. You are getting this error because we do not allow an app without a 'uri'.

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, October 3, 2011 8:11 AM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this issue. This is a bug which will be addressed in a future release. 
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 1:42 PM
  • Do you know at this point which direction it will be fixed?   Will the URI become optional?  Will to be required with some placeholder for desktop auth flows?   Some other variation on the theme?

I might as well leave my code at least pointed in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Saturday, October 1, 2011 1:54 PM
  • Hi Blake,

For string fields in POST requests, an empty or null value are equivalent to the value not being present. You are getting this error because we do not allow an app without a 'uri'.

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, October 3, 2011 8:11 AM
  • So I gathered from Dare's response, but I'm still unclear which direction you are expecting to resolve this bug.  Fixing the error message that refers to the 'name' attribute instead?   Making the uri optional?  Something else?
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:06 PM