none
VS2015 - Disable Fuzzy IntelliSense

Question

• There is an option to disable fuzzy ("spellcheck-like") IntelliSense matching for member lists but not for everything else. It is ridiculous that I type "d3dev" and the first suggestion is D3D_CBF_FORCE_DWORD instead of ID3D11Device. If I try "id3dev" I get ID3DInclude for god knows what reason. C++ IntelliSense is just flat-out unusable for me and, as much as I hate to say it, MonoDevelop's autocompletion is leagues beyond what Microsoft has to offer.

In MonoDevelop, I can just type the first letter of each word (urd -> UnityRenderDevice, for example) and it pops right up. In VS, I type urd and it gives me UriBuilder_USE_ORIGINAL_FLAGS for pity's sake.

Please help me fix this thing. VS is my only option for C++ on Windows and I am so actively not wanting to even open the program anymore due to frustration.

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:12 AM

Answers

• Hi JAKJ,

As far as I know, the IntelliSense in Visual Studio is based on the sort of letters. For example, if you type "d3dev", it will first suggest the first member which is start with "d". Then it will filter these members with the second letter "3" in these members. If there has no such members that the second letter is "3", it will list this members with the sort of the letters ascending from "A" to "Z".

So the IntelliSense is a little difference with the MonoDevelop. But I think your idea is good for Visual Studio. I suggest you post your idea to Visual Studio User Voice, and then share the link here. If other communities who has the same idea with you, they can add comments and vote for your idea. Thanks for your feedback.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, January 18, 2016 3:21 AM