how to add Custom attribute in exchange server mails. RRS feed

• Question

• User-364257247 posted

Hello friends.

I want to add the custom attribute in Exchange server, and want to update that custom attribute..

can any one tell me how to add new attribute for each mails revieved in exchange server, and how to update that attribute using .net code.

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:56 AM

Answers

• User1191518856 posted

To begin with, you neeed to make sure your Active Directory schema is updated with the Exchange Schema Extensions. Typically this is something an administrator will do. And if you're already running Exchange, then chances are that the schema extensions have already been integrated.

Exchange Schema Extensions will add 15 custom attributes, named extensionAttribute1 .. extensionAttribute15.

You set/retrieve these just like any other Active Directory attribute.

Example:

DirectoryEntry user = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://CN=john.doe,CN=users,DC=northwind,DC=com");
    user.Properties["extensionAttribute4"].Value = "Somevalue";

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 16, 2008 6:47 AM

All replies

• User1191518856 posted

To begin with, you neeed to make sure your Active Directory schema is updated with the Exchange Schema Extensions. Typically this is something an administrator will do. And if you're already running Exchange, then chances are that the schema extensions have already been integrated.

Exchange Schema Extensions will add 15 custom attributes, named extensionAttribute1 .. extensionAttribute15.

You set/retrieve these just like any other Active Directory attribute.

Example:

DirectoryEntry user = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://CN=john.doe,CN=users,DC=northwind,DC=com");
    user.Properties["extensionAttribute4"].Value = "Somevalue";

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 16, 2008 6:47 AM
  • User-364257247 posted

thanks johram for your kindly reply.

please give me a link of any artical, in which this is explained in details.

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:03 AM
  • Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:26 AM