Header footer values RRS feed

• Question

• User632495171 posted

Hi I have a textbox in my header which I need to fill data from my dataset. However it does not allow me to fill from dataset in the header or footer. How do I do this ?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:26 AM

Answers

• User576414087 posted

To work around this, place a textbox in your report call it tb_value, set its hidden property to true. Drag and drop the db value in the textbox.

In your header/footer place a textbox go to expression and call the value from tb_value as reportitems!tb_value

..............................................................................................

Remember to Mark as answer on the post that helped you

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:44 AM

All replies

• User576414087 posted

To work around this, place a textbox in your report call it tb_value, set its hidden property to true. Drag and drop the db value in the textbox.

In your header/footer place a textbox go to expression and call the value from tb_value as reportitems!tb_value

..............................................................................................

Remember to Mark as answer on the post that helped you

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:44 AM
  • User1824260416 posted

hey magik ,

you should define a Parameter for your report from Layout section , then ( right click insome empty place in outeside of your report table , you'll see a context menu with 4 Items , select the Report Parameter ) ,then create a Textbox inside your Header or Footer , then right click onthe textbox and and select Expression , then put the following code in it .

=Parameters!ReportFooterParameterName.Value

goodluck ,

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:48 AM
  • User1449453972 posted

Hi i am having the same problem

when i followed your suggestion  i got on the runtime report instead of the value #Error

Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:25 AM