none
is this forum still being used? RRS feed

• Question

• I Use to come to this forum often.  It looks like no one uses it any more.  

Am I wrong.  Getting back to some coding.  I thought this site was defunked and were moving to a new one. Cant recall. if so, shouldn't this ben taken down?  I do have a question, but looks a time waster to poste it here.

Trying to convert/update an old program to UWP. 

Friday, August 16, 2019 10:10 PM

Answers

• This is Microsoft's only peer support forum.  There has not been talk of a replacement.

Why do you think no one uses it any more?  There are multiple questions every day.  Are you, perhaps, accessing this through a proxy service of some kind?

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, August 16, 2019 10:15 PM

All replies

• This is Microsoft's only peer support forum.  There has not been talk of a replacement.

Why do you think no one uses it any more?  There are multiple questions every day.  Are you, perhaps, accessing this through a proxy service of some kind?

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, August 16, 2019 10:15 PM
  • There is less traffic here during summer months and is being used as Tim indicated.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, August 16, 2019 11:12 PM
  • Sorry.  I use to come to this site several times a week, but I have not coded for a long time.

I looked at few thing and it seemed to me that most of the entries were a few years old. Sometime in the past, I got a message or saw a post which I thought said the Forum was moving to another site and wouldn't be supported anymore. I figured people were finding the forum, posting, but few were checking it. I did NOT look closely.

I liked this site as the best of the Forums, so I was disappointed. So, glad to see its up. Maybe I can get more that 15 points :-)

I'm trying to move/update old code to the new UWP stuff and VS 2019. There are a great deal of things that require a recode. The working version was using VS2005 :-) At least it compiled and runs in the 2019 but its a desktop app. I did get it working on Windows Mobile.

Anyway, Thank you for the reply. 

Sunday, August 18, 2019 9:19 PM