Programming language for windows mobile applications RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to programming so what would be the best programming language to use for developing applications for windows mobile?
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 3:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

That is depending on your interest in which language you most like. In WM application development you can use C++, VB.NET, C#.NET.

I would like to recommend you start with C#.NET.

If you searching with google then are able to find lots of C# tutorial, you can start with any good tutorial.

Check this C# Tutorial

Please do not post same question you have already posted here

Hope this may be help.

If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer.
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 8:29 AM
  • To add on to WmDev's response if you choose C# you will find that code examples can be more easily acquired for C# code than for VB.Net code. So if you choose C# you are keeping yourself open to more resources.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 4:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That is depending on your interest in which language you most like. In WM application development you can use C++, VB.NET, C#.NET.

I would like to recommend you start with C#.NET.

If you searching with google then are able to find lots of C# tutorial, you can start with any good tutorial.

Check this C# Tutorial

Please do not post same question you have already posted here

Hope this may be help.

If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer.
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 8:29 AM
  • To add on to WmDev's response if you choose C# you will find that code examples can be more easily acquired for C# code than for VB.Net code. So if you choose C# you are keeping yourself open to more resources.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 4:15 AM
  • Hi Developer19 ,

To add on to WmDev's and Joel's response , It will good for you if you go with C#. Please check link below :

Useful information for Windows Mobile development

Hope this will helpful. :)

Thanks, Mohsin Shaikh.
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 4:29 AM