Submit Infopath form to folder within SharePoint Document Library RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone

I created InfoPath and published on SharePoint Document Library. Everything works as expected.

Now, I created different folders for different departments as I need to create different security for different departments.

The issue is when I submit form from any of the folders, it submits to root library. Because on Submit data connection, I have given URL of sharepoint doc library.

I looked online, and it looks like this is default functionality of InfoPath. But is there any other alternative to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, June 5, 2015 4:10 PM

All replies

• Create different submit connections which submit directly to folder (use the path to folder inplace of library path).

On submission ,create a condition to check some field in form to compare and choose the appropriate connection.

Friday, June 5, 2015 8:55 PM
  • Hi Bharath

Thanks for response. This is good alternative. But the only issue is, if someone creates new folder, then InfoPath form will need to be changed.

Thanks again

Friday, June 5, 2015 9:48 PM
  • Hello Swetha,

I don't think you find any alternate of this. Since only one form can be associated with one library so you can''t publish at folder level.

I can suggest few options:

1. You can add an custom event receiver to that library and break the permission to item level. So only filter forms will be visible.

2. Create infopath views for each department and switch based on current user department.

3. Create a individual library for each form

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see<br/> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Monday, June 8, 2015 11:22 AM
  • Hello Hemandra

Thanks for your response. What I am thinking now is to go for SAVE and CLOSE options.

If I create new form from specific folder, and click on SAVE button, it saves into that particular folder. The only issue is , user need to manually click on Close button in the ribbon to close the form.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:00 PM