We couldn't get your developer license for Windows 8" Error 0xC03F1014

Question

• When ever I Try To Get My Developer's License In Windows 8 Professional With WMC For Visual Studio Ultimate With Blend I Get This Error "We couldn't get your developer license for Windows 8" Error 0xC03F1014. See it here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?0v80spgtgvuikx8 . I Tried Turning Of My Firewall, Switching To A Local Account, Using Power Shell With Administrator Rights, Trying Other Microsoft Accounts etc. I Did A Clean Windows 8 Pro Installation And Activated It With My Key And Also Activated And Registered Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate With Blend. I Tried Doing Everything. I Have Only Installed Silverlight, MS Visual Studio 2012 And Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus. I Need Urgent Help, I Updated My Windows With All Optional And Recommended Updates. I Have 64-bit Windows, Silverlight, Office and Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate With Blend. Please Help Me As Soon As Possible.
    Friday, October 26, 2012 9:38 AM

Answers

• I GOT THE SOLUTION!!!

FIRST INSTALL WINDOWS 8 RELEASE PREVIEW AND GET THE DEVELOPER LICENSE IN IT BY OPENING WINDOWS SHELL BY ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS AND THEN BY TYPING IN THIS CODE:  Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration Then Press Enter

THEN UPGRADE THE RELEASE PREVIEW BY WINDOWS 8 PROFESSIONAL AND INSTALL VISUAL STUDIO 2012 IN IT AND CLICK GET LICENSE AND TYPE IN THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT CREDENTIALS THAT YOU USED TO GET THE DEVELOPER LICENSE IN WINDOWS 8 RELEASE PREVIEW.

THEN YOU WILL EASILY GET YOUR DEVELOPER LICENSE!

see it here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?m24vjp3ky7llho9

I asked the question and answered it myself lol :D

Afnan Makhdoom

• Marked as answer by Afnan Makhdoom Friday, December 21, 2012 11:04 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 11:04 AM
  • I'm locking this no longer relevant thread. If you are running into 0xC03F1014 on current versions of Windows 8.1 (as of Dec 2013) please open a support case.

1. Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupportwith your developer account.  
    2. In the "App development" section find the link called "Developer Tools"

3. Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  
      Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
      Category: “appropriate category" 
      Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/  “Start Email”

Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:40 AM
    Owner

All replies

• I also have the same problem, look forward to the answer
    • Proposed as answer by NareshK007 Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:07 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by NareshK007 Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:07 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:36 AM
  •    The same here. Spent the whole day trying to find an answer. The only thing I found was regarding an update from Windows 7 to Windows 8 but this is not my case. I didn't find any information on this error code either.

Alex

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:43 PM
  • I have the same problem. I tried every thing I could but still failed.

jimmy

Friday, November 9, 2012 3:16 AM
  • I get a similar issue, though when I try to acquire a developer license, Visual Studio tells me that it needs my cookies enabled (in which they are).  I've enabled cookies both through IE itself, and verified via Visual Studio, yet I still see the same message saying I need to enable cookies.

I've tried setting all browsers to enable cookies and I've tried setting each one as the default but no success at all.

Friday, November 9, 2012 2:10 PM
  • Surely, I met the same problem!

Actually, I am hating win8 & microsoft.......................................%%%%%%%%%%%%^&*&*&^$%%$%#

Welcome!

Friday, November 9, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Same
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Done the same thing. Also tried the express version just to see if that makes a difference. Tried it on two separate machines.
    Friday, November 16, 2012 12:40 PM
  • same problem here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:33 AM
  • Me too
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:50 PM
  • I Solved the problem... make a fresh install of your windows 8 then install visual studio 2012 express edition then get license to store then boom problem solve...
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:19 AM
  •    It's definitely not a solution. It's workaround and I'd say rather drastic. There are too many things to back-up and reinstall, plus there is no guarantee. I read other threads where people say it didn't help. I count on a real solution.

Alex

Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:55 AM
  • I GOT THE SOLUTION!!!

FIRST INSTALL WINDOWS 8 RELEASE PREVIEW AND GET THE DEVELOPER LICENSE IN IT BY OPENING WINDOWS SHELL BY ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS AND THEN BY TYPING IN THIS CODE:  Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration Then Press Enter

THEN UPGRADE THE RELEASE PREVIEW BY WINDOWS 8 PROFESSIONAL AND INSTALL VISUAL STUDIO 2012 IN IT AND CLICK GET LICENSE AND TYPE IN THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT CREDENTIALS THAT YOU USED TO GET THE DEVELOPER LICENSE IN WINDOWS 8 RELEASE PREVIEW.

THEN YOU WILL EASILY GET YOUR DEVELOPER LICENSE!

see it here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?m24vjp3ky7llho9

I asked the question and answered it myself lol :D

Afnan Makhdoom

• Marked as answer by Afnan Makhdoom Friday, December 21, 2012 11:04 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 11:04 AM
  • نمایش ویدیو

ما می توانیم مجوز توسعهدهنده خود را برای ویندوز 8 "خطا 0xC03F1014  ویژوال استودیو اکسپرس خطا 2012 برای برنامه مترو ویندوز 8  

http://www.mediafire.com/?f0g1v9gqavpl149
    • Edited by vahidnasia Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:53 AM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:53 AM
  • I'm locking this no longer relevant thread. If you are running into 0xC03F1014 on current versions of Windows 8.1 (as of Dec 2013) please open a support case.

1. Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupportwith your developer account.  
    2. In the "App development" section find the link called "Developer Tools"

3. Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  
      Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
      Category: “appropriate category" 
      Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/  “Start Email”

Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:40 AM
    Owner