none
Updating container images in pool after configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I have a container image in an Azure Container Registry. I have a pipeline in Azure DevOps that builds this image and pushes it to my registry. My pool is configured to pull this image and to have it available to tasks running on my nodes. Tasks are submitted to the job/pool through a web interface. I've noticed, though, that this image is not checked for updates when tasks are submitted. It will use the same version of the image that was acquired when the pool was provisioned. The only way I can find to update the image is to destroy and re-create the pool, which results in some down-time for the batch job.

How do I update this image? I've tried submitting tasks with a full complement of registry/image information but this still doesn't result in a pull. In an ideal world, the nodes would check for an update to the image automatically when new tasks and jobs are submitted OR my Azure DevOps pipelines would be able to communicate to the pool that all the nodes need to pull a new copy of the image.

I've tried creating a job on the pool to update the image using `docker pull` manually, but I can't seem to make it work.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:22 PM

All replies

• Are you using a Custom image? If so I don't know of a way to update that image without you manually updating and creating a new image. 
    Friday, October 25, 2019 7:50 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Just checking in if you got a chance to see previous reply from Micah, can you provide the requested information for assisting better with the issue.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 10:31 AM