Feature Request RRS feed

• Question

• Hey There, I was wondering if it would be possible for the Variable "Type" dropdown to always contains Types used throughout the entire workflow (not just scope)?

I use OpenAccess a lot in my workflows and I keep having to go into the browse to find the Types

Also, can GUID be a default...PLEASE? :)

Friday, July 2, 2010 12:31 PM

Answers

• Yes, there is a public API allow you to customize the TypePresenter's default list. The code looks like:

TypePresenter.DefaultMostRecentlyUsedTypes.Add(typeof(Guid));

If you use designer in rehost app, you can call this method in your rehost application initialization code.

If you work in VS, you can call this method in IRegisterMetadata.Register(), the way to do this is:

1. Create a project called "RegisterActivity" (or any other name you like). Generating RegisterActivity.dll
    2. Create another project called "RegisterActivity.Design", generating RegisterActivity.Design.dll
    3. In RegisterActivity.Design project, create a new class RegisterMetadata, implement interface System.Activities.Presentation.Metadata.IRegisterMetadata. In Register() method, call above code to initialize.
    4. In your work project, reference both RegisterActivity.dll and RegisterActivity.Design.dll. The register metadata method will be called once the designer is loaded.

thanks,

Anders

This posting is provided "AS IS" and confers no rights or warranties.
    Sunday, July 4, 2010 2:38 PM