problem.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, when i open Visual Basic 2005 Express and i want to create a project and

i need to choose a template, but there are no templates, well he cant find any...

Please help, im new to this ;-)

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:33 PM

Answers

•  

Express What type of project (Windows Based) U want to create.

match with ur desire.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:09 PM
  • Your installation was corrupted.  I had that same problem after running System Restore several times.  It wiped out the file containing the templates.  You need to reinstall the program or run a repair on the installation.  That did it for me.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:22 PM
  • if U are trying to make simple (normal) exe than select Windows Form Application and strat coding.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 6:48 PM

All replies

• Go to : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718342.aspx

Download starter kit and U will find them into Template Dialog Box.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Thank you, but what starter kit?
    Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:59 PM
  •  

Express What type of project (Windows Based) U want to create.

match with ur desire.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:09 PM
  • Your installation was corrupted.  I had that same problem after running System Restore several times.  It wiped out the file containing the templates.  You need to reinstall the program or run a repair on the installation.  That did it for me.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:22 PM
  • I want to create a normal exe file.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:00 AM
  • in this case, i think the problem is with the installation of your VB 2005? Try installing a sample template from microsoft, something like "Teacher starter kit" and delete all the existing files, and start developing your own app.

i think someone from ms will be in a better position to comment on this problem.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:09 AM
  • Ok, im reinstalling the program.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:11 AM
  • I dont get it... I reinstalled it but the same error keeps popping up...
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:08 PM
  • if U are trying to make simple (normal) exe than select Windows Form Application and strat coding.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 6:48 PM