how to play overlapped music. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, here is my problem, I try to make it simple:

I have a music file (mp3) with drums, bass, guitar.
    What I want to do is to play the music during the game, but when loose, keep playing the music but only drums and bass (removing the guitar). here the solution I did now:
    I have two music files (mp3) on with drums, bass, guitar, and one (exactly the same music) but with only drums and bass.
    I play the 1st one during the game in MediaElement, and when loose, I stop it, save position, set position to the second music file and play it. it is not very good and smooth. Does anybody has a better way to do that?
    Is there a way with the same mp3 to shutdown instrument one by one?
    Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• The only viable approach I can see is to play two files at the same time - one containing the drums and bass and a second one containing the guitar. You would then simply mute the guitar when needed.

Unfortunately you can't use the MediaElement to do so as you can only have one of those active at the same time on Windows Phone. This question on StackOverflow contains some approaches on how it might be achieved though: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13963626/best-way-to-play-two-audio-files-simultaneously-in-windows-phone-8

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:14 PM
  • hello,
    thanks for your answers and link, I will dig this solution.
    An other question about music playing:

Do you know what is the best preactice when you want to synchronise music and graphism on screen? (for exemple the game where the music playing and u need to push the right button at the right time to play the guitar..)

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:59 PM
  • Hi Maximephan,

It’s a better practice to open a new thread for a new question. If Oliver has answered your question, I will close it. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:49 AM