Creating a web site with the same name of one previously deleted RRS feed

• Question

• User206383436 posted

I just installed VS2013 and created a new web site. Let´s suppose its name is "xwsTest". Then, I decided to delete such a web site so I performed a search in all of my PC for the word "xwsTest" and deleted everything that was found. Now, I created the same project once again and I noticed that, in VS2013, the name of "xwsTest(1)" is displayed. So I performed a full search again and found several entries with "xwsTest(1)" and deleted everything again. This behavior repeats every time I create a web site with the same name so I am getting "xwsTest(2)", "xwsTest(3)", and so on. The first time I deleted the web site was because I decided to create it in a different location and realized that the name was getting a kind of consecutive number appended to it. Now I suppose that VS2013 keeps track of the names I have assigned, but I want to keep the original name with nothing appended. I thought that doing a full search on the name of the web site and deleting everything would solve my problem but it is not so. What can I do to avoid this behavior?

Respectfully,
    Jorge Maldonado

Sunday, March 23, 2014 5:29 PM

Answers

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi JORGEMAL,

Since the type of the project is website, you need to delete the website in the Local IIS too.

1. New web site
    2. Click Browser
    3. Select Local IIS, you will find the websites that you created before are in IIS Express Sites or IIS Sites
    4. Delete these website and create a website again, you will find the website name is expected.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 24, 2014 11:30 PM

All replies

• User-1716253493 posted

Go to Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects, delete xwsTest project before create new one.

xwsTest, xwsTest(1), xwsTest(2) are project names under Documents\vs2013

Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:01 PM
  • User206383436 posted

Go to Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects, delete xwsTest project before create new one.

xwsTest, xwsTest(1), xwsTest(2) are project names under Documents\vs2013

Thanks for your reply.

The folder you suggest to check is empty, there is nothing in there. As I mention in the original description of this post, I perform a full search of "xwsTest" and delete every file and folder found. Right now I made sure that "Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects" is empty and created a new web site named "xwsTest" and it is open with VS2013 showing "xwsTest(4)". I will very much appreciate any comment.

With respect,
    Jorge Maldonado

Monday, March 24, 2014 6:34 PM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi JORGEMAL,

Since the type of the project is website, you need to delete the website in the Local IIS too.

1. New web site
    2. Click Browser
    3. Select Local IIS, you will find the websites that you created before are in IIS Express Sites or IIS Sites
    4. Delete these website and create a website again, you will find the website name is expected.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 24, 2014 11:30 PM