none
Query.h in Windows 10.0.16299.0 prints syntax errors?! RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason after updating to the latest version of Windows 10 build, Query.h file fails to compile with my C++ code! We use Query for our FPS time-step counter which is vital for any type of game engine, however since the transmission from version 10.0.15063.0 to 10.0.16299.0, we get the following error messages when attempting to build the vs project:

1>c:\program files (x86)\windows kits\10\include\10.0.16299.0\um\query.h(262): error C2059: syntax error: '||'

1>c:\program files (x86)\windows kits\10\include\10.0.16299.0\um\query.h(262): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'

Is anyone else getting the same issue? It's fundamental for us to use Query.h as it keeps our frame count ticking at a constant speed via high-res counters! 

I hope someone can point me to the right direction here.

Thanks.

DrStrangeTime

Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:43 PM

All replies

• Try changing the “Conformance mode” compiler option for all of the configurations:

·         https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/reference/permissive-standards-conformance

Set it to “No”.

• Proposed as answer by Baron Bi Friday, March 16, 2018 7:18 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:23 PM
  • Hi DrStrangeTime,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

According to your description, your issue is related to C++ development, I will move this thread to corresponding forum for a professional answer.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 16, 2018 3:14 AM
  • Hello,

I'm sorry I cannot reproduce your error. When I include Query.h there is no Compiler error. In line 262 is:

/* [case()] */ VECTORRESTRICTION vr;

It is part of struct tagRESTRICTION .

There isn't  a ||

Please show the line of your header file. Is there a #ifdef before?

Regards, Guido

Friday, March 16, 2018 6:49 AM