SSIS 2008 unable to load config files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I get the following error when i try to run my package in a different environment than my Dev. The error is:
    The runtime object cannot be loaded from the specified XML node. This happens when trying to load a package or other object from an XML node that is not of the correct type, such as a non-SSIS XML node.

I have searched for this error could not find a solution anywhere on why this happens and how it can be resolved. I'm actually using 3 xml configuration file and run them through command line by passing /CONF switches.This works perfectly in the Dev environment.

If any one have faced this issue and solved it, please provide some insights to it.

Thanks!
    Ram
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:12 PM

Answers

• Well I solved this altogether by not using config files. Passed the values through the environmental variables and SSIS ran fine!

Thanks.
    Ram
    • Marked as answer by Zongqing Li Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:18 AM
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:19 PM

All replies

• Can you run packages in that environment?

Phil Brammer | http://www.ssistalk.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/PhilBrammer
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:45 PM
  • Phil,
    I did not undertand your question. Execute the package through SQL in the QA environment?
    No, tried but it fails. we came to know about what happend, since we do not save sensitive information in the config and also use windows authentication for running the package, the windows login do not have permissions, so when we execute package by double clicking it, it fails.

Where as the above error is got when running through command line, so thats different error and unable to find out what happend.

Thanks,

Ram
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:55 PM
  • Well I solved this altogether by not using config files. Passed the values through the environmental variables and SSIS ran fine!

Thanks.
    Ram
    • Marked as answer by Zongqing Li Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:18 AM
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:19 PM