How to include Microsoft Anna embeded in web project RRS feed

• Question

• User-718146471 posted

Hello everyone, I didn't know exactly where to put this so I put it here in Getting Started. What I'm trying to do is to embed the TTS engine with Microsoft Anna into my website project. Since I'm not sure if the server can or will support the tts engine, I was kind of hoping to include it as part of my website. Does anyone know of some way to do that?

Monday, November 28, 2011 8:17 AM

All replies

• User-718146471 posted

Ok, I did figure out how to do this. By using Speech Interop via a COM reference. Now, the next big hurdle is to get the bloody thing to output to a wavestream. I've been searching for ways to do this on the internet and I'm coming up with nothing. Does anyone have any examples on sending the wave output to a Memory Stream?

One caveat, System.Speech just won't work on a server environment. Only works in DEV.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:15 AM
  • User-718146471 posted

Apparently, I'm at a point with this where it is simply something that can't be done. Saddens me to think that the moment you push something to a production-like environment with a real web server, the game changes and you can't do this even if you run on the local machine. So the solution here is there is no solution. Marking it as resolved.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:05 PM