VSIX SQLite extension, local deploy, getting 'The specified module cannot be found' for sqlite3.dll. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use the SQLite3 VSIX extension in a WinJS application and everything works fine when I build and run on my dev system.

When I create packages for local deployment, and install (an x64 package) on a Samsung Slate or (an x86 package) on a Dell Duo, the app runs fine until SQlite is needed, and then I get an exception with the message:

"Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"

If I extract the files from the appx for the package, I see the sqlite3.dll in the base directory though.  I see the same in the package directory under AppxLayouts on the target system.

Has anyone else seen this?  It seems like the DLL should be getting resolved without a problem.

Thanks!  John

Monday, August 27, 2012 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

You should be building and deploying a Release version.  Is that what you have?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

• Marked as answer by nerff Monday, August 27, 2012 6:24 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

You should be building and deploying a Release version.  Is that what you have?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

• Marked as answer by nerff Monday, August 27, 2012 6:24 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Is your Samsung Slate a x64 device or ARM? If ARM then change the target of your project and build into ARM with SQLLite and try

Zubair Ahmed | @zubairdotnet | zubairahmed.net | MetroRssReader.codeplex.com | facebook.com/zubair.ahmed.public

• Proposed as answer by Zubair Monday, August 27, 2012 5:39 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 5:38 PM
  • Thanks, Zubair.  The slate running Win8 x64, and I'm deploying an x64 package on it.  I need to check building with the Release config as Jeff suggests; that may be the problem.
    Monday, August 27, 2012 5:41 PM
  • Yea try that, I thought you did that

Zubair Ahmed | @zubairdotnet | zubairahmed.net | MetroRssReader.codeplex.com | facebook.com/zubair.ahmed.public

Monday, August 27, 2012 5:42 PM
  • Thanks, Jeff, that was the problem.  My release builds are working on both the x86 and x64 targets.

I was troubleshooting this weekend and thought I had ruled that out (the comments in Tim Heuer's blog entry about the SQLite VSIX extension had suggested this was an issue also), but it turned out that I was still trying to deploy debug builds.

Monday, August 27, 2012 6:27 PM