none
How to make a Custom field that upload File from our system?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hii everyone,

I want to develop a Custom field similar to the one i have pointed in the screen shot below,only difference which i  want is that; when i click the Browse button it should look for any Documents in system and Attach it with itself, Similar to function Attach a file link performs in Gmail while composing a mail and also i want to make this field Required.if anyone has any idea plz lemme know,any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:02 AM

Answers

• anuj, create multiline custom field. When filling out pdp, select Insert from the ribbon, then Upload File.

chris

• Marked as answer by anuj astro Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:06 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:35 PM

All replies

• Your desired functionality is not available out of the box. If I understand it correctly you want to upload a specific file as part of a custom field. The BLOB type, to contain such contents, is not available. But have you considerd to upload the document to SharePoint? With each project Project Server does create a site to hold such documents. You would not be able to enforce the existence initially, as only with the creation of the project the site necessary to upload the document will be created. The custom field now can be a text field with the URL to the uploaded document. Through workflow you can enforce it been set at a later stage. You can develop a custom webpart that combines the upload functionalty to sharepoint and the setting of the custom field to place it on the Project Details page. The sum might get close in what you envision. Good luck!
    Jan Cirpka
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hii jan,

thanks for your response,i think you have not understood my problem,i want that user can Browse any image,doc ,word file  and then can upload it,not any specific file .

thanks

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:01 AM
  • anuj, create multiline custom field. When filling out pdp, select Insert from the ribbon, then Upload File.

chris

• Marked as answer by anuj astro Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:06 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:35 PM
  • Hi cmb999

thanks for your response,it solved my problem to some extent,the only problem is that according to my requirement  user should  be able to upload a document only,but wiyh this solution,even if the user doesnt upload document and fill the custom field with single letter or Word,it still get saved,if you have any solution for this problem,please let me know.thanks 

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:14 AM