none
Outlook 2016 AddIn Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I developed a Outlook AddIn in Visual studio 2015,but my code is properly run but my exe have some problem this AddIn property is Inactive please give me a suggestion how to solve this problem. How to work Inactive AddIn
    My Add-In : NewEmail

• Changed type Santosh5712 Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:49 AM Client Project (One issue)
    • Changed type Santosh5712 Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:50 AM Project Issue
    • Edited by Santosh5712 Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:21 AM Project Issue
    Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Your add-in is soft-disabled.

Soft disabling can occur when a VSTO Add-in produces an error that does not cause the application to unexpectedly close. For example, an application might soft disable a VSTO Add-in if it throws an unhandled exception while the Startup event handler is executing.

When you re-enable a soft-disabled VSTO Add-in, the application immediately attempts to load the VSTO Add-in. If the problem that initially caused the application to soft disable the VSTO Add-in has not been fixed, the application will soft disable the VSTO Add-in again.

For more information, please visit How to: Re-enable a VSTO Add-in That Has Been Disabled

Please re-load your add-in and check what error it shows at Load Behavior of COM Add-ins dialog. You could also comment out code line by line to narrow down the issue.

You could follow My Office Addin does not Load! & Troubleshooting COM Add-In load failures to trouble shoot. Besides, to avoid UI error, please follow How to: Show Add-in User Interface Errors to enable show Add-in user interface errors.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 2, 2017 6:14 AM