TFS 2010 update for visual studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• My company is using team server foundation (2010). I have a 'changeset' that was used to check in a vb.net 2010 application into  a 'test' folder. After I checked this code into tfs, I found out that this change is not needed.

Thus I would like to know how to delete (remove) this changeset from TFS if this is possible. if this is possible would you tell me how to accomplish this goal?

If this is not possible, would you tell me what you would recommend? Should I take the entire vb.net 2010 application from the production folder and check it into the development folder?

Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Wendy,

You can't delete a changeset, as it is the history of your team project. But you can roll back a changeset by following one of the option below:

1. Install TFS 2010 Power tools, and roll back the changeset from UI:

2. Use Rollback command:

tf.exe rollback

Details you can refer to this case: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2694644/how-to-revert-roll-back-a-checkin-in-tfs-2010

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, September 15, 2017 6:53 AM