Test failing while executing high number of methods RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have around 127 test methods and we have arranged them in different ordered tests.

And we are maintaining one ordrered test as a collection of all other ordered tests.

Here the problem is when we execute that one ordered test (collection of all other ordered test) and after starting of execution and some time later the coded ui starts slow and missing to find controls.

For example in the specified ordered test we have 1 - 125 Test methods in the form of different ordered tests which is getting slower after some time after starting execution. But if we execute individual ordered test it executes faster.

Please let me know is there performance improvements (like clearing memory, removing temporary windows files) that I can implement along with an example.

Some more info as follows:

In ClassInitialize, 

we have the following

Playback.PlaybackSettings.WaitForReadyLevel = WaitForReadyLevel.Disabled;
                Playback.PlaybackSettings.DelayBetweenActions = 200;
                ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["WebWaitForReadyLevel"] = "3";

And nothing in Cleanup.

Thanks & Regards, Sasisekar J

• Edited by Sasisekar J Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:49 PM More info added
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Sasisekar J,

>>For example in the specified ordered test we have 1 - 125 Test methods in the form of different ordered tests which is getting slower after some time after starting execution. But if we execute individual ordered test it executes faster.

Based on your issue, you mean that when you add these coded UI tests into the ordered test and then playback them, am I right?

If yes, from the coded UI test itself, I suggest you could refer the following blog to improve the performance of your Coded UI tests.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vstsqualitytools/archive/2011/07/06/improving-the-performance-of-your-coded-ui-tests.aspx

In addition, I suggest you could try to close some processes such as the Anti-virus software or the firewall on the Task Manager and then run ordered test check this issue again.

Or you could also try to clean your machine to improve the CPU or Memory storage.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Tina-Shi Monday, March 16, 2015 9:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:32 AM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:37 AM