ASP.net authentication issue RRS feed

• Question

• User-883509553 posted

Dear forum,

I have the following situation for which I need some advice.

I have a complex classic ASP.net application (4.6.1 framework) running on an IIS server hosted by a commercial provider.

My client wants to access the application using Chrome/FireFox distributed over a Citrix environment. A recently developed module in our application needs (read-only) access to the Active Directory related to the Citrix environment. The module needs to know the username of the authenticated user currently logged in.

As we are software developers and not system administrators, it is unclear which form of authentication (e.g. Windows, Forms) we should use in this particular scenario. The application has a connection to a MS SQL database including a table with all users which was formerly used for SSO before the application was converted from .Net Forms to ASP.net.

Expert advice would be most appreciated.

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 9:24 PM

All replies

• User1535942433 posted

Hi JohnKeulen,

As far as I think,you could use SAML Authentication.SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) is an open standard used by identity and authentication products such as Microsoft AD FS (Active Directory Federation Services). With the integration of SAML authentication through StoreFront, administrators can allow users to, for example, log on once to their corporate network and then get single sign-on to their published apps.

More details,you could refer to below article:

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/1912-ltsr/plan/user-authentication.html

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 1:58 AM