none
Digitally signed file test failed in Windows 8 ACK test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

My product failed Digitally signed file test in Windows 8 ACK test. Here is the error detail:

The driver C:\Windows\System32\drivers\xxx.sys does not have a valid WHQL signature for the current version of the OS.

Can someone help me to solve this problem?

And here are the info how I signed the *.sys:

Tools: signtool.exe from MS SDK v6.0A

Steps:

1.Import mycert.p12 to Personal tab in Certificates in Internet Options.

2.Import MyIntCert.cer in Intermediate Certification Authorities tab in Certificates in Internet options.

3.Run command with Administrator

signtool sign /v /ac Thawte_Primary_Root_CA_Cross.cer /s MY /n "My company" /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll xxx.sys
    signtool verify /v /kp xxx.sys

Both sign file and verify succeeded, but unfortunately, it still failed Digitally signed file test in Windows 8 ACK test.

• Moved by Jie Bao Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:38 AM (From:Application Compatibility for Windows Desktop Development)
    • Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:51 PM Move to new forum (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:31 AM

All replies

• Do someone encounter this issue before? Please help!
    • Edited by alexforgoal Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:14 AM typo
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:13 AM
  • while it might be signed, it is not signed by microsoft

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:24 PM
  • Hi Doron,

Thanks for you answer, can you tell me what's the problem in my code signing?

How can I do a right code signing for my *.sys? How to sign it by microsoft as you said?

Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:25 AM
  • by submitting it through the HCK to winqual

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:28 AM
  • Hi Doron,

How to submit the HCK to winqual?

What's the detail file to submit to winqual?

Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:02 AM
  • you install the HCK, run the certification tests. that creates a log file, the log file is uploaded to winqual.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:39 PM
  • Hi Doron,

Do you mean HCK as Windows 8 ACK test?

During Windows 8 ACK test, it will generate a report finally, do you mean the report xml file as the log file?

Friday, July 20, 2012 2:21 AM
  • HCK is different its the successor to DTM tests. It basically ruuns a set of tests on your driver and your device interface and generates logs for each test, you need to submit the logs and get the drivers signed. For all this to happen you first need a Winqual account. You can then refer documentation in WInqual site to get detailed steps.

Karthikeyan

• Proposed as answer by mk_cs Sunday, August 12, 2012 8:01 PM
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 8:01 PM