none
How to group in SSRS matrix without header? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a customer data and it is in matrix form and data should be grouped by country with out header repetition in final report.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinithk,

You could add a group as country first, and then delete the group header, row only

. See my example:

You could see the group with round brackets in column group windows has been added.

Best Regards,

Lukas 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

Thanks for reply, I have tried as you mentioned but by this headers are repeating.

When i try to delete row option is showing only delete row and associate row option only.

Please advise.

FirstName LastName Address BirthDate

Country1

firstname1

lastname1 address1 dob1
    comments:
    approvals:

Country2

firstname2 lastname2 address2 dob2
    comments:
    approvals:

Have a good day!

Thanks,

Vinith

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:59 AM
  • Hi Vinithk,

I need to know if it is row group or column group are you trying to add?

Could you explain what this country 1 & 2 ? Just try to add group and remove the row, and row only.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:31 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

Thanks for reply,  I have row grouped by country.

Country 1 & 2 are two different countries. 

Thanks,

Vinith.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

Seems like that, it looks more like a table instead of a matrix to me?

You could try add a row parent group to your detail rows, and add group header and footer. Move the country field like follow did. Try:

Then, you could add one more row for comment and approvals:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Lukas

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:49 AM
  • Thanks Lukas for helping me.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

If it works , you could mark it as answer to close this thread, and this will benefit other people who has similar issue.

Lukas

Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:23 AM