none
Enterprise Calender in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

i have gone through some books & sites. But unable to understand as how newly created Enterprise calender works in Project Server 2013. If i have to add some 2-3 calenders as per organization requirement  then how my created projects in PWA 2013  schedule work ? 

I mean to say that from where i can select which calender should be chosen for different different Projects in PWA 2013. Is that by default, only Standard base calender selected for all projects in PWA?

Kindly suggest....

Friday, November 7, 2014 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Vrij007,

The default calendar is Standard but it can be changed after project creation for each Project/Task. If you want to have a default calendar different than the Standard, a project plan template can be created where you can select a different calendar and then associate this project plan template with your EPTs.

When the new projects will be created based on these EPTs, they will use the associated project plan template which will have the specified calendar associated.

The EPTs can be associate with your departments and these EPTs can have their own project plan templates, meaning that each department can use their own combination of EPTs/Project plan template and calendars

Hope this helps

Paul

Friday, November 7, 2014 10:07 AM
  • I'll enforce Paul's suggestion to use EPT with project template with calendars. As far as I understand, you are mostly using PWA and not MS ProjectPro and without EPT, it is not possible to manage calendars directly in the schedule PDP of a project.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, November 7, 2014 11:31 AM
  •  Thanks Paul & Guillaume.

Yes , you are right Guaillaume, i am using PWA & now started with EPT . I have chosen one Calender for each EPT as they have same calenders. But in cases, if i have to choose another calender then how i can do that?

Friday, November 7, 2014 11:41 AM
  • When you state you have "chosen one Calender for each EPT " does it mean you've defined new calendars? or you are using the standard one?

The easiest think you can do is to ask the project manager to select the correct project calendar when they create their project in MS Project. The alternative is to create the project plan templates and select corresponding calendar as I mentioned in my previous answer

Paul

Friday, November 7, 2014 11:53 AM
  • Dear Paul,

I have made another calender apart from Standard one & chosen when i was making EPT. We dont want that Project Manager should choose calenders as we are thinking to do all Automation Process where EPT providing that one. But in case, if i have 1 project where two different locations calenders are used. So how i can build that in my EPT. So far, i know that once i choose Calender in EPT from MS Project Pro & saved to PWA then i can't switch to another calender...right?

Friday, November 7, 2014 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

You cannot have two calendars at the project level. That being said, the calendar can be changed for each task. If you can add these tasks in your project plan template then the task calendars can be saved as part of the template.

So you can have something like:

- Project plan template - using calendar Standard

- Task 1 - using project calendar

- Task 2 - using Calendar Custom 1

- Task 3 - etc.

Hope this helps

Paul

Friday, November 7, 2014 12:20 PM
  • But such feature is there in PWA 2013?
    Friday, November 7, 2014 12:31 PM
  • The PMs cannot change the task calendars in PWA. This can be done only in MS Project

Paul

Friday, November 7, 2014 12:42 PM
  • Since you're just using PWA, you'll probably have to define project templates (.mpt) with the appropriate tasks and project calendars (eventually tasks calendars) and attach those templates to EPTs.

Note also that calendar are attached to the resource.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, November 7, 2014 12:57 PM