none
Published app shows up as full licensed instead of trial

Question

• Recently I published an app to the store as paid app with 7 days trial option.

I relaised that even if a user (I created a new Microsoft Account and tested it on a PC which has never installed the app before) downloads the trial version than the app still behaves as fully licensed.

In the debugger I can see that the isTrial property is always false. I tried it with both the Windows.Services.Store and Windows.ApplicationModel.Store namespaces.

My app is https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh5008d.

Regards,
    Balazs

Sunday, December 11, 2016 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi BBelinszki,

Based on your description, you just published one paid app with 7 days trial option, you didn’t add any In-app purchase in your app. So you may not need to use Windows.Service.Store and Windows.ApplicationModel.Store namespaces, in the app submission page, you just choose 0.99 USD for base price and 7 days for free trial. When you submit your app in the store, customer can download your app of free trial version  and they can access the full functionality during that period of time. When 7 days passed,  if customer don’t pay for your app, they will don’t use this.
    More info, you could refer to set app pricing and availability.

Best regards,
    Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:17 AM
  • Hello Cherry Bu,

thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I did. But during the trial period I would like to limit some function as described here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/monetize/in-app-purchases-and-trials

Implement trial functionality

To exclude or limit features in a trial version of your app using the Windows.Services.Store namespace:

1. Configure your app as a free trial in the Windows Dev Center dashboard.

2. Write code in your app to retrieve product info for your app or an add-on offered by your app and then determine whether the license associated with the app is a trial license.

3. Exclude or limit certain features in your app if it is a trial, and then enable the features when the user purchases a full license. For more information, see Implement a trial version of your app.

4. Test your implementation by following the testing guidance in this article.

I experience the issue when I implement Step 3. Whatever I do the Store keeps telling me that the app is not trial so I cannot exclude funtions in my app.

Regards,
    Balazs

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:36 AM
  • Hi BBelinszki,

I am testing this issue and it takes some time to publish app in the store, I will update here soon. You can also refer to the next sample about in-app purchase.

Best regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:19 AM
  • Hello Cherry,

do you have an update for me?

Regards,
    Balazs

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:33 PM