Error building project

Question

• I'm trying to build a Windows app but it won't open on the Simulator or local device. When I try to run it I just get this error:  'This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed'. Any ideas on what to try for fixing it? I need this app published really soon so i have to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance,

-Our Exotics

• Edited by Our Exotics Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:01 AM
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:01 AM

Answers

• Yesterday after I was getting the error I made sure the account is up-to-date, it didn't fix anything. Yes, it only runs on another machine. I've tried creating a new project in a different folder. I've also tried changing the name of the app all together. Neither of them worked. I have not tried re-starting my machine, could doing that maybe fix it?

EDIT: I restarted my machine (Computer) and it didn't fix the error, any ideas on what to try next?

EDIT 2: I cleared the login credentials and now it's fixed.

-Our Exotics

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 6:11 PM

All replies

• 1) Ensure your Microsoft account is up-to-date on the local machine

2) Does the problem reproduce on other machines?

3) What else have you tried so far?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:43 PM
  • Yesterday after I was getting the error I made sure the account is up-to-date, it didn't fix anything. Yes, it only runs on another machine. I've tried creating a new project in a different folder. I've also tried changing the name of the app all together. Neither of them worked. I have not tried re-starting my machine, could doing that maybe fix it?

EDIT: I restarted my machine (Computer) and it didn't fix the error, any ideas on what to try next?

EDIT 2: I cleared the login credentials and now it's fixed.

-Our Exotics

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 6:11 PM