none
Win8.1 Desktop Bluetooth LE - Several questions about Devices / Services / Authentication,.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm quite new to BTLE development in Win 8.1 - hoping im right in that part of the forum - 1st post ;).

I already managed to adopt the HeartRate Service to my bluetooth device and read data / get notifications.

But from here I'm struggeling at several points namely:

1. when a device is paires it gets "part of the system" no matter it is available or not (powered or not)

How can I detect if a BTLE device is not just paired but also physicaly available?

2. I need to be able to get all services/characteristics/values a device offers - without knowing their GUIDs - atm I just know:

deviceList = await DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync(

GattDeviceService.GetDeviceSelectorFromUuid(myServiceId),
                    new string[] { "System.Devices.ContainerId" });

to get specific devices wich offer myService.

But how to i get those GUIDs from my device if i don't know them?

3. belonging to 2.:

How can I tell if 2 services are belonging to the same device? Even if I know the GUIDs with the FindAllAsync I will get only the list for all devices offering one servicetype.

Regarding "var device in deviceList" i could get "device.Id" and compare it for all devices - but since I noticed that this Id is very different between BTLE devices it will be hard to decide wich services are offered by one device.

4. Last but not least I'm searching for a way to automate the pairing process, especialy an authentication process in wich the user won't have to know the PIN but my programm can connect to my BTLE devices without user input.

e.g. running C:\\Windows\\System32\\DevicePairingWizard.exe and automate device chosing by a given name and a default PIN for those devices.

Any help / pointing in the right direction is appreciated.

regards

f_pabst

Thursday, January 8, 2015 1:38 PM