none
moving my access app to mobile app RRS feed

• Question

• hello

I have created an app for my college in Microsoft Access.

However, my supervisor asked me to convert this app to mobile app and i don't know how to do that .

Is this Possible to do?

Sunday, April 23, 2017 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi, it depends. If you want to continue using Access as your development platform, one way to use it on a mobile device is to use a Remote Desktop app. Otherwise, you can develop a new mobile app from scratch, which means you won't be using Access anymore. Just my 2 cents...
    Sunday, April 23, 2017 4:59 PM
  • Hi aboyahya61,

if you had created Forms and reports and tables and queries and you want to convert it in Mobile Application that can run on mobile devices so currently it is not possible.

Microsoft does not provide any functionality like this.

still you can try to check Access Web app.

which lets you to store your Access data on sharepoint or in one drive.

then you can try to access that using your mobile devices. looks like below.

Reference:

Create an Access app

the suitable thing is Access Web App. because with that you will get some space on cloud to use and also get so many other features and functionality. you can access it using any mobile devices.

other way is to use some third party services that lets you to access your MS Access data in Mobile Apps.

(Note: you can only able to manipulate data not able to use forms and reports. you can use it as a back end to maintain data.)

Reference:

Mobilize Your MS Access Applications

Note:- it is paid, so you need to purchase it.

Other link that may give you some more information.

4 Ways To Get Your MS Access Database on an Android Tablet or Phone

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 6:08 AM
  • It's possible, but if the database is stored on the mobile device then you will need to switch to another database such as SQLite (which has multi-platform support). In addition, you will need to use .NET to create the mobile app as there is no Access app for mobile.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:36 PM