none
Blinking power LED with XBox sensor RRS feed

• Question

• I can confirm this. Just got a "new" Kinect XBOX USB/Power adapter and plugged it in with the latest 1.5 SDK and correctly installed all drivers...

All sensors work except Near Mode of course which is not supported due to different firmware and hardware (lenses are visibly different too contrary to what Microsoft Kinect FAQ states, see: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/developer/kinect-windows-142223 for proof).

So I thought I'd plug it into the 360 and yes it had to be updated, worked fine there, with a solid green light. But when plugged back into the PC to my disappointment the light keeps on flashing.

That's the way it is then, just annoying.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:30 PM

Answers

• please post a new question since this is not related to the beta SDK anymore.

As this had been discussed many times. The blinking LED is by design when using the XBox 360 version of the sensor. If you use a Kinect for Windows device, the LED is solid.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:28 AM

All replies

• please post a new question since this is not related to the beta SDK anymore.

As this had been discussed many times. The blinking LED is by design when using the XBox 360 version of the sensor. If you use a Kinect for Windows device, the LED is solid.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:28 AM
  • Ok I just looked at the first search result which matched. Will check the version next time.

I've upgraded to a Windows Kinect now, arrived yesterday, and I must say the experience is much better :-)

Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:58 AM