none
Connecting the new kinect for windows scanner to surface pro 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Can anybody assist a beginner just to connect the Kinect for windows to my surface pro3. Ive had no joy with Microsoft, Windows, Xbox or surface Pro 3 helpdesk.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:20 PM

Answers

• Hello Gaelic,

Which sensor do you have? Kinect for Windows v1, Kinect for Windows v2, or the Xbox One Kinect sensor? If you have an Xbox One sensor, you must also purchase an adapter which will allow you to plug it into the USB 3.0 port on the side of your Surface Pro 3. I think that Amazon is temporarily out-of-stock, but if you have a Microsoft Store, you should be able to buy one there.

You need to be running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 to use the sensor, and you need to install the Kinect for Windows v2 SDK (download the new SDK now).

If you have all of the necessary components, you should be able to plug the Kinect sensor into the adapter, the adapter into the Surface Pro 3's USB port, and then launch the 'SDK Browser' (installed with the K4W SDK) from your Windows Start page. When the browser launches, select the 'Tools' tab at the far right and then run the 'Kinect Configuration Verifier' tool at the top to verify that everything is working properly.

Your results should look like this:

I hope this helps,

~Angela

Friday, June 26, 2015 12:35 AM