Audit Database Object Access Event Class RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wan't to check does anybody is using one of my databases. I thought that event from subject should be useful for this purpose.

I start trace with this event and execute few statments on database and I don't see that profiler log any of my queries.

BOL says: The Audit Database Object Access event class occurs when database objects, such as schemas, are accessed. 

I know for another options for checking the same thing but I am intersted did I missed something about this event? 

p.s 

I am using SQL Server 2008 R2

Thanks.

Slaven Sola MCITP DBA,MCT ------------------------------ Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Slaven Sola Tuesday, November 8, 2011 3:01 PM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 2:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Slaven Sola,

As you mentioned you cannot get any queries in Profiler log. Based on my lab it works for me, please check following items, which are selected:
    • The options of Show all events and Show all columns
    • The events of SQL:BatchCompleted and SQL:BatchStarting

After that if you want to query the database access objects, please verify these three events are all selected: Audit Login, Audit Logout and Audit Database Object Access Event. Then you can try to run the profiler again and get the queries.  

Regards, Amber zhang
    • Proposed as answer by amber zhang Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by amber zhang Monday, November 21, 2011 1:31 AM
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:53 AM