locked
DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs no longer valid? RRS feed

  • Question

  • This function and all like it no longer work:

    private void CompleteCheckLoginStatus(object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

    The error I get is: The type or namespace name 'DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs' could not be found

     I didn't see anything in the breaking changes regarding this, did something change with beta 2?

    Sunday, June 8, 2008 5:43 PM

Answers

  • Hello, WebClient and related classes have been moved to System.Net.dll. But DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs is still DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs. Just it's now in System.Net.dll. If you're converting an existing Beta 1 project to Beta 2, try to delete and add the references again. Also make sure you have imported System.Net namespace.

     

    Monday, June 9, 2008 12:23 AM

All replies

  • Could be that they've moved into the System.Net assembly?

    Sunday, June 8, 2008 7:03 PM
  • I'm referencing System.Net already.

    Sunday, June 8, 2008 7:07 PM
  • Hello, WebClient and related classes have been moved to System.Net.dll. But DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs is still DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs. Just it's now in System.Net.dll. If you're converting an existing Beta 1 project to Beta 2, try to delete and add the references again. Also make sure you have imported System.Net namespace.

     

    Monday, June 9, 2008 12:23 AM
  • What I ended up having to do was create a new project and move my code over.  Simply deleting the references and adding them again didn't do it.  I believe there was a problem when it originally tried to convert the project over.

    Monday, June 9, 2008 12:45 AM