LS HTML 'ApplicationData' is not a member of 'LightSwitchApplication.DataWorkspace'. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to follow this write up in attempt to export from LS HTML to Excel. I have two errors I have not been able to figure out.

'ApplicationData' is not a member of 'LightSwitchApplication.DataWorkspace'. And a syntax error.

I have highlighted both in this image:

The syntax error is at 'Or' near the bottom.

Again, I am only following this write up to hopefully be able to export a loaded visual collection to excel or PDF.

Is there a better way to achieve that? Exporting from the HTML Client seems to be rather complicated without paying for a 3rd party extension, which I am sure are great products, but I am not in a position to hold the purse strings.

Thank you for any advice.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:06 PM

Answers

• I don't know VB but some obvious comments that may help you:

1. .ApplicationData refers to the name of your data source, so make sure that is what your LS  data source is called

2. There is definitely a syntax error on the line starting with Or as there is one too many ")"  and it looks like you should  remove the ")" at the end of the preceding line

ps. Executing data export code on the server side is always a better idea so I think you are heading in the right direction.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, May 9, 2016 2:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, May 9, 2016 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:19 PM