none
Accessing OS Maps - UK Site

Question

• Hi - I am in the UK and regularly use the Ordnance Survey map viewing option in Bing Maps. About one hour ago it stopped working. Road Maps and Aerial View still work but the OS map won't display. Is there a known issue?
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Folks,

I am unable to get this option to appear at all over the UK so I am not sure how it gets added.  I have asked a member of the Bing Maps Imaging Team as it appears that this is actually a usage scenario and not MSDN/Developer scenario.  The prior reported issue is at Answers.Microsoft.com where user issues are reported.

UPDATE: An update was deployed based on the prior report and OS functionality should be available within the next 24-48 hours.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 5:49 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Can you provide the steps you would normally take to see the OS map so that I might see the error?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 10:22 PM
    Owner
  • Seeing the same here. you just select "Ordnance Survey" from the map types.

Previously we'd see the OS 1:50000 and 1:25000 raster maps with contours, etc. Now there's a vector map almost identical to the standard "Road" option. What's going on???

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Hi

I'm having exactly the same problem - selecting Ordnance  Survey from the drop down doesn't go to the Raster maps, but changes to a display very similar to the Road option.

This started last night 8/1/19 and was sort of hoping it was a temporary problem and would have been cured this morning. It hasn't!

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 8:40 AM
  • Hi.

I'm just selecting the OS map option from the drop-down - It won't display the usual OS maps.

Problem only started yesterday mid-morning

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 5:43 PM
  • Yes - this is exactly my problem.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 5:44 PM
  • Hi Folks,

I am unable to get this option to appear at all over the UK so I am not sure how it gets added.  I have asked a member of the Bing Maps Imaging Team as it appears that this is actually a usage scenario and not MSDN/Developer scenario.  The prior reported issue is at Answers.Microsoft.com where user issues are reported.

UPDATE: An update was deployed based on the prior report and OS functionality should be available within the next 24-48 hours.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 5:49 PM
    Owner
  •  The prior reported issue is at Answers.Microsoft.com where user issues are reported.

IoTGirl

That's a 2 year old issue that you've linked to. You're sure an update is pending?

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:51 PM
  • Yes. The deployment should happen within the next 24hrs.
    Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:14 AM
    Owner
  • The Ordnance Survey option is not working
    Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:28 AM
  • This is being covered in another thread : https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ecca96c8-c679-4176-ab78-62171004d6f6/accessing-os-maps-uk-site?forum=bingmaps

From that it looks like it will be fixed in the next day or two (fingers crossed)

Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:15 PM
  • I have the same problem.
    Thursday, January 10, 2019 10:28 PM
  • Hi -It's working again now - Cheers for you input and assistance.

Friday, January 11, 2019 9:21 AM
  • Brilliant - thank you - it is now working
    Friday, January 11, 2019 2:03 PM
  • Hi All,

Many thanks for your confirmation.  

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, January 14, 2019 8:10 PM
    Owner
  • Yes it appears that the O.S map option is not currently working. I find it very disappointing that someone from Microsoft did not make a simple statement to this forum or some other easily accessed public arena with an explanation and some information about its likely reappearance, or not, as the case may be. C'mon you lot do the decent thing and let us know whats happening!!
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:31 PM
  • Hi Mapbloke,

I have merged your post with the thread on OS UK maps.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:35 PM
    Owner