none
How to transform the XML message to EDIFACT message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have purchase order xml file, I need to transform to EDIFACT and send to Trading partner over the AS2.

I could find the purchase order schema from "%Biztalk Installation Directory%\XSD_Schema\MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplates.zip"

But my confusion is, there are multiple folders like D00A, D00B, D01A, D01B....D99B. all the folders contains the purchase order schema (EFACT_D05B_ORDERS.xsd). In schema name D05B is the one of folder name.

Question

1. From which folder should i puck up the Purchase order schema.

2. Hellp me how to map xml to EDIFACT (not X12) message. if you could share me any sample application on EDIFACT and AS2 appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
    Pavan Kumar.

• Moved by Ben Cline1Moderator Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:03 AM Related to EDI (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Friday, March 18, 2011 3:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• D05B is the version number, what version you're using is contingent only on the partner with which you are executing interchanges. 

To map the XML I would use XSLT. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa561557(v=bts.70).aspx

"Maps without maps" (script only, no functoids) are usually needed for significant EDI mappings. 

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:11 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Do we need to use any specific version for the biztalk server 2009. Currently I'm using D99B version.

Can we provide any sample POC if you have, to create EDIFACT message based on XML message.

Thanks,
    Pavan

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:18 PM
  • The version number chosen is an agreement between you and the interchange partner to whom the EDI data should be going. I believe D99B is a much newer version (Last I used was D96A).

I don't know what your question is at this point though. I think my first post already provides all necessary info for this subject.

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:28 PM