Different Versions RRS feed

• Question

•  

There is a library with a doc.

Doc is not checked out!

Author of the last edit version sees new right version when he clicks the doc (readonly).

All other users see old (-1) version.

In the version history i see last save version by author but it doesnt have his corrections inside.

If i open versions from authors workstation i see these corrections!

How can this magic be ?

I received last ver by mail and updated it for real in library (this procedure from author`s pc had no effect - version was created but with old content).

Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:55 AM

Answers

• It appears that the Author's Office apps might be thinking the doc is checked out and is loading it's version from the offline SharePoint editing files.

Have the Author follow these steps:

1. Open the document.  (Latest changes should show.)
    2. Via IE, check out the document.
    3. Via IE, select to Edit the document. (A second copy of Word should open.)
    4. If the second Word window shows the latest changes, close the first Word window, Save the document in the second Word window, close the second Word window, via IE, check the document back in.
    5. If the second Word window does NOT show the latest changes, do a Ctrl+A in the first Word window followed by Ctrl+C, in the second Word window do a Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+V to essentially copy and past the new content to the checked out version.  Now follow the steps from #4 above.

I trust that answers your question...

Thanks
    C

http://www.cjvandyk.com/blog
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:58 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:19 PM
    Answerer