none
CSOM Project Summary Task RRS feed

• Question

• How do you access the Project Summary Task via the CSOM?  In the PSI it is in the Project dataset under TASK_ID 0.  In OData it is simply integrated in the Project class as ProjectDuration, ProjectActualCost, etc.

In CSOM the PublishedProject doesn't contain these fields and there is no Task in the Tasks collection that has the rollups.

Is PublishedProject.SummaryTaskId somehow involved?  I attempted to load that task via:

var summaryTask = _projContext.LoadQuery(proj.Tasks.Where(a => a.Id == proj.SummaryTaskId)).FirstOrDefault();

But that is throwing a "The data is not available." exception.

Thanks,
    Mike

• Edited by Mike Hardy Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:12 PM clarified terminology
    Saturday, December 6, 2014 1:09 AM

Answers

• You are correct, his findings do match mine exactly.  I guess the answer to my original question is simply, you can't.

• Marked as answer by Mike Hardy Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:43 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:43 AM

All replies

• SummaryTaskId does indeed point to the task that holds the summaries (verified by looking at the db directly) but how do you load it since it's not in the Tasks collection?

Docs say it's "the GUID for the hidden project summary task."  Why is it hidden!?

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 12:53 AM
  • Mike,

Your unanswered question has been out there quite a while.  Peter Holpar blogged a nice technical discussion that confirms what you posted back in 2014: the Project Summary Task is being filtered out of the CSOM PublishedTask collection. 

...Jim Black

• Edited by Jim Black CG Friday, May 20, 2016 7:34 PM duplicate signature
    Friday, May 20, 2016 7:34 PM
  • You are correct, his findings do match mine exactly.  I guess the answer to my original question is simply, you can't.

• Marked as answer by Mike Hardy Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:43 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:43 AM