none
Using Templates with Project Web App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've searched a bit on this topic and haven't found a straight-forward answer, so wanted to pose it here.

I'm using the Project Web App and ideally I'd like to PWA as a standalone (without Project Pro).  I have an old MPP template for my schedules I'd like to use on multiple projects, but I cannot figure out how to create a template on the PWA side.  I've tried importing both an old project and a template using Project Pro (I'm on a trial for now) but the template doesn't show up in PWA and the imported project file doesn't allow me to export or copy/paste my format.

What is the best way to set up a Project template for creating new projects?

Thanks!

Matt
    Friday, April 6, 2018 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

if you only want to use Project Web App to create projects with templates, you need to do the following:

• Save your template using Project Pro (there is no way to do so in Project Web only). In dialog Save select "Template".
    • Create an Enterprise Project Type (EPT) in Settings - PWA Setting - Manager Enterprise Project Type
    • Attach your template to the new EPT
    • Afterwards, you will see your new EPT(s) in Project Center - New to be able to select the EPT with a template

Please note:

• You can only attach one template to an EPT
    • The default EPT cannot have any templates attached - so you need to create additional ones

Does that help?
    Barbara

Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:14 AM