none
Workflow - Update Project Property not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I developed a workflow and from this workflow I am updating custom fields with values dependent on its stages. When I open the project in PWA the custom field still displays the old value. Opening the project in Professional shows me the correct new updated value from the workflow. When I publish the project from professional than I am seeing the updated vales as well in PWA. How can I ensure that the updated values from the workflow are updated and presented immediately? Is a project publish from the workflow needed?

I am using SharePoint 2010, Project Server 2010 and Project Professional 2010. I am using the project Update Property method to transfer the information from the Workflow.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards Norbert

Friday, October 1, 2010 9:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Norbert,

PWA shows only the published data. When you open a project in WinProj, you generally open it from the Draft database. So yes, to see the updated custom fields in PWA, you must publish the project.

--Jim

Friday, October 1, 2010 8:07 PM
  • Hi Jim,

thanks for the explanation. How can I publish the project from the Workflow? This happens when I need to shift projects in different stages. The move into the stage is successful, but it is not user friendly to select 20 projects, change the workflow stages and then opened every single project in order to publish it.

How can I publish the project from the workflow?

Thanks for your help

Norbert

Monday, October 4, 2010 12:36 PM
  • Did you ever get this resolved? I am experiencing the same issue. In my case, the project is created from within Project Server 2010 in the Project Center, and the workflow updates one of the custom fields.

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:15 AM
  • Hi,

I had exactly the same issue. As a workaround I've added a code activity after each UpdateProjectProperty activity, which publishes the project summary.

Example code:

public void PublishProjectSummary(Guid projectGuid)
    {
         Guid jobGuid = Guid.NewGuid();
         projectClient.QueuePublishSummary(jobGuid, projectGuid);
         queueService.WaitForQueue(jobGuid);
    }

"projectClient" is the client project for the Projects PSI service.

Regards,

Ronny

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:02 PM