none
mscorsvw.exe (net framework optimisation service) has fried/killed my laptop!! RRS feed

• Question

• I am very angry, due to this badly programmed software with it's "virus" like behaviour (wait 5 mins of no user activity while no net applications are running what so-ever and the process has been manually terminated then magically re-start and continue to use cpu at full capacity). I left my laptop resting on my bed confident that with it being idle at 0% CPU usage (and nothing running) it would't overheat. Went to make a cup of tea and had a cigarette, came back to find my laptop being raped by mscorsvw.exe! (after specifically terminating it's process before hand and no net applications running) but it was too late, before i had chance to move my mouse and stop it my computer had an emergency crash because of over-heating. However the emergency shut down wasn't enough to save the CPU/Motherboard and now it's an expensive paper weight!

I want to claim damages from Microsoft to buy a new laptop. I'm now stuck in Shanghai without a development machine and my business is currently in limbo.

Do I have a good case? I'm pretty sure the behaviour of mscorsvw.exe constitutes as malware/un-authorised access.

Chris.

Monday, November 22, 2010 4:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry for your inconvenience. The mscorsvw.exe process belongs to .NET framework. Here is a relevant article. It addressed what this process is and the possible cause of its taking up 100% cpu.

Please mark the right answer at the right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    • Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:29 AM