Report Viewer Web Control Doest Not Wrap Long Continuous Text that is without space RRS feed

• Question

• User559872894 posted

Hi,

In the table in my SSRS report there is a field that can contain very long strings. These strings do not contain any spaces.
    when i preview the report in Visual Studio, it works fine in wrapping the text by expanding it vertically. However, when the report are rendered in the report viewer in web browser, the wrapping of text doesnt work correctly for a long continuos string without a spacing (e.g. imaveryveryverylonglonglonglongstringwithoutanyspacing), it will expand the report horizontally untill it fits the entire string, thus destroying the preview of the report in report viewer. Is there any way to solve this issue?

In Web Browser

PreView In Visual Studio

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:55 AM

All replies

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

According to your description, we want to display the long string in the reportviewer and it will display line by line.

I have a suggestion for this problem but with TextBox control. We can set the CanGrow property of the textbox to True, then if the length of the text is too long, it will break into next line base on the width of the textbox.

Hope it's useful for you.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:34 AM
  • User559872894 posted

Hi Michelle,

I do notice that TextBox control doest have this problem, however, I dont think textbox control can be used to replace the table unless textbox is also able to reflect the data row by row from the database which i do not know. 

Regards,

Kevin

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 9:37 PM