do I have to publish project every-time I update code? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1106823036 posted

I have build my MVC project and published it on windows azure. Ihave 2 questions:

1- Do I have to republish my project every time I update the code in my VS 2013?or will it be updated automatically?

2- when I built my MVC project I used entity framework db first using sql express, in the publishing I mentioned the datasource from thewb.config but when clicking next it's not showing the database selected yet when opening the website from azure it;snot reading the database what shall I do in addition to selecting the datasource? 

Monday, November 10, 2014 3:45 AM

Answers

• User197322208 posted

Do I have to republish my project every time I update the code in my VS 2013

yes

when I built my MVC project I used entity framework db first using sql express, in the publishing I mentioned the datasource from thewb.config but when clicking next it's not showing the database selected yet when opening the website from azure it;snot reading the database

But which database is reading?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 8:25 AM

All replies

• User197322208 posted

Do I have to republish my project every time I update the code in my VS 2013

yes

when I built my MVC project I used entity framework db first using sql express, in the publishing I mentioned the datasource from thewb.config but when clicking next it's not showing the database selected yet when opening the website from azure it;snot reading the database

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 8:25 AM
  • User-1106823036 posted

actually none, upon search I realized that I should specify my .mdf file so that when loading the website from azure it will load the database, but seems that I don't have the mdf file I don't know why.so I was thinking of building the database on azure and connect it to the website .Is that a suitable way??

note that my database is only 2 tables.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:27 AM
  • User197322208 posted

seems that I don't have the mdf file I don't know why.

Where it is located on development PC?

Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:59 PM