none
i want to connect ms kinect sensor and use v2 sdks to raspberry pi 3 with windows iot, is it even possible ? RRS feed

• Question

• i wrote a software in C# which uses Microsoft kinect v2 api to and sensor to do some analytics,
    i am not sure if when i buy a raspberry pi 3 with windows ios ,it will detect Microsoft kinetic sensor ,i am not sure OS has ability to detect it as my windows 10 did i installed drivers and then i used microsoft.kinect.dll (api) to create application ,i wouldnt be doing much of the processing here in pi,i will be doing processing in main server pc , from pi i will just transmit Depth data of sensor to network can some expertplease help me that is it even possible ? or not ? 
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:45 AM

All replies

• No, it's not possible.

Kinect v2 needs USB3.0, raspberry pi (any model) has only USB 2 ports.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:30 AM
  • it doesnt matters as i have tested kinect by connecting to my usb 2.0 port of pc and it works fine but it says a warning usb is old and data will not be perfect but it works my main question is windows iot core supports kinect or not ?
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Are you sure that was an USB 2 port/controller? Because the Kinect v2 is not supposed to work on USB 2, and I've never heard of anyone getting it to work on USB 2. And even with USB 3, it's notoriously difficult to get it to work reliably. So it's really unlikely that it worked for you with USB 2.
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:42 AM
  • i investigated i dnt have 2.0 port all of them are 3.0  you are right ,but i have seen online people using kinect in raspberry pi on linux ,i want to know if it works on windows iot Core 
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:13 AM